Dr. Hibbs began his tenure as Superintendent of Marlboro Township Public Schools (MTPS) in August of 2013. As the superintendent, Dr. Hibbs oversees all school-related matters including curriculum, personnel, professional development, facilities planning, and budget development. In his time in Marlboro, Dr. Hibbs has transitioned the district to full-day kindergarten and generated millions of dollars in facility improvements and upgrades through the district’s ESIP program. Marlboro is consistently recognized by the State of New Jersey as a high performing district as per the state’s monitoring system.
Dr. Hibbs began his career in the educational milieu in Burlington County, New Jersey beginning as a fourth grade teacher. He subsequently taught fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh grades prior to embarking on his path to educational administration. As an administrator, he has held various positions, including the following: Vice Principal, Principal, Director of Curriculum, and currently, Superintendent. Dr. Hibbs has served on the NJASA Curriculum and Instruction Committee, the NJASA Technology Committee, and the NJASA Legislative Committee. He is also a member of the New Jersey Council of Education. Dr. Hibbs has presented at numerous educational conferences including New Jersey TECHSPO, NJSBA Workshop, the NJASA Spring Conference, ASCD, and EDWEEK. He has been recognized nationally for his work and was the recipient of a fellowship related to personalized learning. Dr. Hibbs is an educational influencer for all levels of learners. You can regularly find him teaching courses at Rowan University as an adjunct professor.
Under Dr. Hibbs’s leadership, MTPS has been recognized for the following learning accomplishments of Marlboro students:
- The New Jersey Department of Education has recognized Marlboro Township Public Schools for its Response to Intervention Plan in The Road Back: Restart and Recovery Plan for Education.
- Mind Research recognized MTPS for its effective use of ST Math Click HERE to read more.
- Mind Research recognized MTPS for its effective personalized learning approach Click HERE to read more.
- Google recognized MTPS as a Google Reference District. Click HERE to read more. Edmentum recognized MTPS as a Lighthouse District. Click HERE to read more.
- Achieve3000 performed a case study on how MTPS utilizes its online platform. Click HERE to read more. Click HERE for Achieve3000’s press release about Marlboro’s use of Achieve3000. Click HERE for Achieve3000’s white paper featuring how MTPS dealt with school closures and the impact on student learning during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Dr. Hibbs received his B.A. in Philosophy from the University of Pittsburgh. He then went on to receive his teaching certification, M.A. in Educational Leadership, and Ed. D. in Educational Leadership from Rowan University.